Mackenzie believes that eating should be enjoyable, flexible and stress-free. It is common to feel anxious and confused by the abundance of nutrition misinformation available today. Mackenzie aims to debunk nutrition myths and provide her clients with the latest evidence-based recommendations.
Mackenzie is passionate about the role of nutrition in mental health and eating disorder treatment. She has clinical experience in eating disorder treatment programs for binge eating disorder, emotional eating, anorexia and bulimia. In her practice, she uses cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) techniques to help clients achieve sustainable behaviour change and manage their emotions.
Mackenzie understands that we are all unique and experience life differently. She works with her clients to uncover the obstacles that stand between them and their goals. Mackenzie develops action plans collaboratively with her clients to ensure they are achievable and fit well within her clients’ lives.
Clients say that Mackenzie has a warm, down-to-earth demeanour, which makes it easy to connect and discuss sensitive topics with her. Mackenzie is known to be approachable and easy to talk to. Mackenzie recognizes that life can be stressful enough as it is, and it is her goal to help clients remove food as one of those stressors and cultivate a healthy relationship with eating.
Areas of expertise:
- Nutrition and mental health
- Eating disorders, including binge eating
- Disordered eating (restrictive eating, compulsive eating, or irregular or inflexible eating patterns)
- Weight loss or weight gain; uncovering your body’s natural weight
- Diabetes care (prediabetes, type 1 and type 2)
- PCOS and women’s health
- Chronic disease management and prevention (cholesterol, fatty liver, heart health, etc)
- Vegetarian/plant-based eating
- Digestive health
- Nutrition in aging
- Meal planning tips and strategies; vegetarian and plant-based eating
- Budget-friendly meal ideas
Favourite Quote: “Health is an outfit that looks different on everybody”
Book A Free 20-Minute Consult With Mackenzie Online: https://nutriprocan.janeapp.com/#/staff_member/58/treatment/244
Contact Mackenzie: https://nutriprocan.ca/contact/