Nav’s passion for nutrition comes from growing up in a vegetarian family – where picky eaters are even pickier. A balanced and healthy lifestyle, even as a vegetarian child, meant knowing more about what was on her plate.
As co-founder of Nutrition Professionals of Canada, Nav works with people from all walks of life, including everyday heroes and professional athletes to help them achieve their nutrition goals – no matter how tough these goals may seem at the beginning.
She is recognized for her natural ability to motivate through education and takes great interest in empowering others by helping them to better understand themselves and their relationship with food. In part, this means translating science–based nutrition information into simple, practical terms that can be applied to everyday life – such as recognizing triggers that can work against us, and how to modify their effects.
“An improved you begins with what you eat,” she teaches, and her personalized approach starts with understanding where her clients are, where they want to be and creating realistic goals together to get them there – with plenty of support and guidance along the way, of course. One of her biggest joys is seeing her clients embrace their own transformation journey and realize their own potential to reach a more mindful, long–lasting and balanced lifestyle.
Nav holds undergraduate degrees in Biology (BSc) and Nutrition and Dietetics (HBSc), and a Master of Science in Foods and Nutrition (MScFN) from Western University.
She also contributes regularly to community education, school board nutrition initiatives and workplace health and wellness programs.
Nav’s specialties include:
- Weight loss (women, men, post-pregnancy)
- Chronic disease prevention and management (diabetes, liver health, heart disease, cholesterol, cancer, IBS, etc.)
- Emotional eating (building a positive and healthy relationship with food by transforming one’s struggles with food with a sense of pleasure, appreciation and satisfaction)
- Nutrition for pregnancy (all stages)
- Food intolerances/allergies
- Nutrigenomix ® (personalized gene-based nutrition counselling)